- Connect the Examiner diagnostics tool .
- Start the car and put the gear to idle.
- With the engine running at minimum, read the value of the clutch disk speed parameter
- If the clutch disk speed is over zero there is a clutch drag condition
- Calibrate the clutch parameters in active diagnostics through “enable clutch self calibration “.
- Repeat from step 2 to step 4. If the fault no longer occurs: continue from step 7.
- If there is no clutch drag, warm the engine and the clutch by a series of take-offs (with the accelerator pressed down over half of its stroke)
- Repeat steps 1 to 4
- If the situation of step 4 occurs, there is a clutch drag condition and therefore the clutch mechanism needs to be replaced; otherwise there is no clutch drag.
NOTE: Clutch drag often occurs with a hot engine